Job type: ||
Permanent Vacancy |
Full/part time: ||
Full Time |
Number of positions: ||
Closing date: ||
September 26, 2019
Our Victoria office is looking for a detail-oriented office assistant with good customer service skills to perform a variety of intermediate clerical and administrative duties. If you're a self-starter and enjoy a day providing in-person assistance to internal and external clients, plus varied administrative work, we'd like to hear from you.
Consider joining a team of dedicated professionals working to make a difference to injured workers. We offer an hourly wage of $21.27 plus an environment that supports a healthy lifestyle.
What you'll do
As an office assistant you will:
- Look after the front desk reception and undertake clerical duties including filing, emailing, scanning, receiving phone calls, providing general information, taking messages, forwarding calls as appropriate, and receiving and directing visitors
- Obtain and document information from claimants, employers, or other parties
- Type a variety of materials such as correspondence, forms, reports, and material involving technical and industrial terminology
- Maintain files and distribute materials as required
- Receive, sort, and forward mail as required
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for someone who can:
- Use Microsoft Word proficiently
- Type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Obtain and record information both orally and in writing
Your experience and educational background:
- Recent, related work experience in a clerical role
- A minimum of grade 12 education
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers' compensation system today and for future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.4 million workers and 245,000 registered employers in our province.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
If you're the successful applicant, we'll be making a conditional offer contingent upon your passing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of the offer, you'll need to consent to the criminal record check. Once you get a clearance, your offer of employment will be confirmed.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.