Clerical Opportunities - Temporary|
Job type: ||
Temporary Vacancy |
Full/part time: ||
Full Time |
Number of positions: ||
Closing date: ||
May 16, 2019
We're hiring people who are committed to excellence in customer service for temporary clerical opportunities. Do you share our passion for workplace health and safety and have the drive and aptitude to grow and contribute to our exceptional team?
We have openings for a range of short term office support assignments. These positions are a great opportunity to work in a variety of teams. Positions are available throughout the province.
What you'll do
You'll perform a range of administrative support duties including:
- Receiving calls from clients and responding to inquiries or forwarding callers to the appropriate teams
- Receiving and directing visitors
- Creating routine letters and emails
- Maintaining and retrieving information from files and electronic records
- Filing, photocopying, and receiving, and distributing mail
- Typing a variety of materials including correspondence, forms, and reports, that could involve technical, industry, or medical terminology
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for people who can:
- Organize, prioritize, and take initiative
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintain a high level of customer service
- Work independently and as a member of the team
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
Your experience and educational background:
- Completion of grade 12, plus at least one year of post-secondary education is preferred
- A minimum of two years of recent administrative or clerical work experience in an office environment
- Ability to type a minimum of 40 words per minute
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent English language skills, with accurate grammar and spelling
- Knowledge of medical spelling and terminology is an asset, but not required
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers' compensation system today and for future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 235,000 registered employers in our province.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.