Manager, Health and Safety Prevention Field Services|
Job type: ||
Permanent Vacancy |
Full/part time: ||
Full Time |
WorkSafeBC is seeking an occupational health and safety professional to fill an exciting leadership role on our Prevention Field Services team. As a key member of a provincial management team, you'll manage prevention-related field services operations and staff in the Kamloops region. In addition, you'll be the key contact for external stakeholders on prevention and other occupational health and safety-related matters.
What you'll do
As the manager, Prevention Field Services you will:
- Oversee and ensure the effective delivery of Prevention services and programs, including education and consultation with employers and workers and enforcement of the Workers Compensation Act and Occupational Health and Safety Regulation
- Participate in business planning and decision-making activities related to the continual improvement of our prevention services
- Develop and implement regional short and long term projects appropriate to the needs of your specific region
- Provide advice to management and field personnel in the organization to ensure the effective application of law, policy, and guidelines applicable to occupational health and safety
- Work directly with both internal and external stakeholders, including industry, employer, and labour representatives
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for someone who can:
- Lead a team working in a complex, high volume, regulatory environment
- Develop strategies and solutions to complex industry issues and initiatives in order to reduce risk and keep workplaces healthy and safe
- Provide occupational health and safety expertise and guidance to WorkSafeBC staff and stakeholders
- Build partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver extraordinary customer service and exhibit proficient skills in public speaking and presentations
- Demonstrate outstanding project management skills
- Travel to locations in BC and stay overnight as required
Your experience and educational background
- A university/college degree or certificate in a relevant discipline, such as occupational health and safety, occupational hygiene, or a specific industry (e.g. forestry, healthcare, construction)
- A minimum of five years of experience in occupational health and safety in a primary industry where you have gained knowledge in more than one stage or part of the industry process and understand common health and safety risks and hazards unique to the industry
- A minimum of three years of work experience in a management role in occupational health and safety that demonstrates a broad knowledge of industry, employer, and labour issues
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers compensation system for today and future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 235,000 registered employers in our province.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward a defined benefit pension pan. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about what we offer.
If you're the successful applicant, we'll be making a conditional offer contingent upon your clearing a criminal record check under the Criminal Records Review Act. At the time of offer, you'll need to consent to the criminal record check. Once you get clearance, your offer of employment will be confirmed.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.