Job type: ||
Permanent Vacancy |
Full/part time: ||
Full Time |
Number of positions: ||
Closing date: ||
February 21, 2019
Our Business Advisory Services department — our strategic, go-to business improvement resource — has an opportunity for a business analyst to complement our team. In this role, you'll be responsible for leading business process improvement projects, participating in business process development, conducting business analysis and evaluation, and acting as a liaison with internal customers. This is a business-oriented position with minimal focus on information technology development.
Consider joining a team that helps clients excel by providing unparalleled, customer-focused business advisory and strategic services, working collaboratively with our customers and partners to be a leading, learning, and sharing department.
What you'll do
As a business analyst you will:
- Conduct business analysis including identifying and document business problems/issues
- Evaluate current business processes, identify opportunities, and provide recommendations for changes to business processes using established methodologies
- Manage projects from inception to conclusion
Is this a good fit for you?
We're looking for someone who can:
- Independently plan, prioritize, and coordinate complex and concurrent activities to meet deadlines in a constantly changing environment
- Present analysis results to various groups and individuals, including senior management
- Work independently, as well as part of a team
- Exercise sound judgment and make appropriate recommendations
Your experience and educational background:
- A master's degree in business administration, or a Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, or a Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) designation
- A minimum of three years of recent related experience in business improvement, project management, or management consulting
- An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
Who are we?
At WorkSafeBC, we're dedicated to promoting safe and healthy workplaces across B.C. We partner with workers and employers to save lives and prevent injury, disease, and disability. When work-related injuries or diseases occur, we provide compensation, and support injured workers in their recovery, rehabilitation, and safe return to work. We also work diligently to sustain our workers' compensation system today and for future generations. We're honoured to serve the 2.3 million workers and 231,000 registered employers in our province.
What's it like to work at WorkSafeBC?
It's challenging, stimulating, and hugely rewarding. Our positions offer tremendous diversity and excellent opportunities for professional growth. Every day, the work we do impacts people and changes lives. What we do is important and so are the people we do it for.
Being part of WorkSafeBC means being part of a strong, committed team. Along with a competitive salary, your total compensation package includes vacation, optional leave arrangements, health care and dental benefits, and contributions toward your retirement pension. As a member of our team, you'll have access to services and benefits that can help you get the most out of work — and life. Learn more about our what we offer.
WorkSafeBC is an inclusive and accessible employer committed to employment equity objectives and invites applications from all qualified individuals. Only those under consideration will be contacted. If you're unsuccessful, please accept our appreciation for your interest.
This position is restricted to those legally entitled to work in Canada.